Hello to all of our parents, students and supporters,
Next Friday, March 30, 2018 will be one of our annual events, JBA Community Day. For this event, we have activities throughout the day for our students to help beautify the school environment. Such activities as gardening, painting stones and signs, classroom team building exercises, etc. If you are one of our parents and are interested in volunteering, please contact our school at (510)-481-1222 Ext. 0
**Please note that Community Day is also a Minimum Day for our schedule. All students will be dismissed @ 1:45pm.**
Hi to all of our families and students.
Please see below. During the week of March 12, 2018 – March 16, 2018, we will be having Spirit Week at James Baldwin Academy. Each day will feature a new theme to show off your school spirit.
In addition, Spirit week will also feature a minimum day schedule throughout the whole week. For this week only (Monday – Friday), all students will be dismissed at 1:45pm.
**Of note to keep in mind. Spirit Week will feature different fun themes to participate in. However, our school dress code is still enforced at that time. Please see your 2017-2018 JBA Parent Handbook for reference.**
Hello to our families and supporters,
We wanted to make sure you are all prepared for the month of February. To get you all ready, here are some important dates for you all to be aware of:
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 – Parent Support Group 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 – School-Wide Field Trip to the Science Fair @ Pathfinder Academy (Transportation for students will be provided)
- February 16, 2018 – February 26, 2018 – Scholastic Book Fair
- Monday, February 19, 2018 – President’s Day (No School for Students)
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018 – Parent Support Group 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Friday, January 23, 2018 – JBA Talent Show for all students (During lunch time)
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018 – Black History Month Assemblies (During lunch time)
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018 – Parent Advisory Board 6:30pm-7:30pm
Thank you and Happy February to all!
We hope your break was enjoyable. We are excited to welcome you all back to James Baldwin Academy for the second half of our 2017-2018 school year. To get you all ready, here are some important dates for you all to be aware of:
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018 – Parent Support Group 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Monday, January 15, 2018 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day (No School for Students)
- Tuesday, January 23, 2018 – Parent Discussion at WASC Review 2:00pm-2:45pm
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018 – Parent Support Group 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018 – Parent Advisory Board 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Friday, February 2, 2018 – End of the 2nd Quarter of the School Year (Minimum Day)
Welcome back to school everyone!
Our school is proud to announce that we will be holding a monthly Parent Advisory Board meeting for all of our James Baldwin Academy parents. At this gathering, you will be able to give your input on how we can make our school better and learn about the future plans of JBA. Child care and dinner will be provided for these meetings.
When: Every 4th Wednesday of the month. 6:30pm-7:30pm
Where: James Baldwin Academy
Welcome to the new school year at James Baldwin Academy! We are ready for some fun, learning, growth and change.
We have made some changes over the break and so you will see a brand new building on the lower lot! These are our new offices and will be open and ready for use by the end of the month.
We also have a new vocational classroom – the JET program! JET stands for: Jobs, Education and Training. In this classroom, students will be prepared for graduation and life beyond high school.
We will continue to focus on preparing all JBA students for their transition to less restrictive settings and look forward to a great school year with our students, families, community partners, school districts and staff!
JBA’s summer session begins Monday, July 10 and runs through Friday, August 18!
Our summer school day is 9:00am – 2:15pm, Monday through Friday.